Our children these days are living in a world which is defined by advanced technology available for application in their daily life. The present generation is called the digital native as they are born in a digitally controlled world, hence are very comfortable with technology available to them.
As new technologies continue to change the world in which we live, they also provide many new and positive educational benefits for classroom instruction. To encourage this growth, New Indian Model School, Dubai to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) encouraging to facilitate techno driven and research oriented learning.
It is a pleasure to inform you that all our classrooms are Wi-Fi enabled now. We have BYOD program in school to integrate cost-effective technology into our educational programs. This allows students to bring their personal laptops, tablets and use them for educational applications in the classroom. It is imperative to note that device with sim card is not permitted in the school and any misuse and violation of rules will invite punitive measures.
A policy consists of the configuration of devices, safe usage; disciplinary measures etc for the effective administration of the programme will be issued along with this. Parents shall also be receiving a declaration and undertaking which must be sent back to school after having read thoroughly and duly signed by both parent and student.
I pray Almighty Allah to bless us in all our endeavors and guide our young ones to success always.
Acceptable Use of Technology Agreement
Access to technology is integral to the educational mission and purpose of our institution. These policies address the appropriate use of technology provided by the school and personally owned technological devices.
- We expect our students to act responsibly and thoughtfully when using technology.
- Students should not expect that what they write or publish online is private. The school reserves the right to monitor and track all behaviors and interactions that take place online or through the use of technology on our property or at our events.
- The use of all school-owned technologies including the school network and its Internet connection is limited to educational purposes.
- Commercial and recreational use of school technology resources is prohibited.
- All emails sent from school provided accounts are representative of the school.
- Connection to wireless Internet by students is only allowed while doing academic work in class using BYOD.
- Only the internet gateway provided by the school may be accessed while on campus. Personal internet devices are not allowed at all to access internet sources at any time.
- Students are responsible for any activity that occurs through their personal account.
- Students must respect the privacy of others while online.
- Do not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to others.
- Do not re-post information that was sent to you privately without the permission of the person who sent you the information.
- Do not post private information, photos or videos about another person without prior permission
- Do not use another person’s account. If you have been given an account with special privileges, do not use that account outside of the terms with which you were given access to that account.
- Do not voluntarily post private information about yourself online, including your name, your age, your school name, your address, your phone number, or other identifying information.
- Our institution prides itself on its reputation for excellence; therefore, you may not use the school’s name, logo, mascot or other likeness or representation on a non-school website without express permission from legitimate authority.
- Never use devices capable of capturing, transmitting, or storing images or recordings to record others without the expressed permission of the person(s) being recorded (including adult leaders and other young people). Teachers or school personnel reserve the right to confiscate, collect, and inspect any device to ensure the policies.
- Use of social networking is not permitted in the school. Students may not create social networking pages, accounts, sites, or groups that impersonate or misrepresent any individual or our institution.
- Students may not access material that is offensive, profane, or obscene including pornography and hate literature.
- Inappropriate communication is prohibited in any public messages, private messages, and material posted online by students.
- All access to the Internet will be filtered and monitored.
- Unless legitimate authority grants explicit permission, students are not allowed to alter, change, modify, repair, or reconfigure settings on school-owned computers. This includes downloading, adding, or installing new programs, software, or hardware.
- If you accidentally access inappropriate information or if someone sends you inappropriate information, you should immediately tell a staff member or teacher.
- If you witness someone else either deliberately or accidentally access inappropriate information or use technology in a way that violates this policy, you must report the incident as soon as possible.
- The school retains the right to suspend service, accounts, and access to data, including student files and any other stored data.
- The school is not responsible for any damages that the students may suffer, including but not limited to, loss of data or interruptions of service.
Students Acknowledge that:
- The school’s network filters will be applied to one’s connection to the internet and attempts will not be made to bypass them.
- Bringing on premises or infecting the network with a virus, Trojan, or program designed to damage, alter, destroy or provide access to unauthorized data or in formation is in violation of Student Acceptable Use Policy.
- Processing or accessing information on school property related to “hacking”, altering, or bypassing network security policies is in violation of student Acceptable Use Policy.
- The school has the right to collect and examine any device that is suspected of causing problems or was the sources of an attack or virus infection.
- Personal device is charged prior to bringing it to school and runs off its own battery while at school. The students are advised to bring their own power banks for additional charging support.
- Brand : Samsung
- Display size : 9.5 inch and above
- RAM: 1.5 GB and above.
- Android OS 4.4.4 and above.
- Wi-Fi connectivity is mandatory.
- External memory card features are appreciated.
- Internal memory: 16 GB and above.